Not my game, but I did make a level in their level editor and thought that was worth mentioning.(Not #1GAM worthy of course…) Anyway, Windows Phone users can play it in “Portals 2D.” Totally worth the buck-twenty nine. (The game as a whole, of course – not just my level. Well, that too.)
Oh crap, I almost forgot! Gameplay video (still a little rough)..
AND a more up to date screenshot (With cool eaten veggie fragments)!!
Long time since an update, I know. Hostile Hustle released on Android and iOS with mediocre sales, probably due to lack of marketing. If you don’t have it yet, you should go get it. It rocks.
On the current front, I’m working on integrating iOS Game Center and Scoreloop for some online leaderboard and achievement action for the phones. Haven’t quite worked up a solution for Windows yet, though. XBox will probably utilize a distributed system – someone wrote one, I can’t remember who. I have it somewhere.
Anyway, just letting the world know that, between the day job and keeping my lawn from cooking, I have been working.
Scott, the level design maestro, has over 50 levels done for Stinker! We’re hoping to release a playable beta into the wild soon…
Google merchant account activated, ready to take your money! Hostile Hustle release date coming soon…
…IS DONE. is “Outro” really a word? I don’t know, but it’s done nonetheless, at least on the XBox / Windows versions. Porting over to the mobile version now. After that, there is LITERALLY nothing left to do but test the living crap out of this game.
Okay, we’re getting close. REAL close. “Hostile Hustle”, the ultimate (and easier to spit out) evolution of “I Accidentally…In Space! Episode 1: Hostile Hustle,” is pretty much in final phases of testing now and is ready for submission to all platforms. Here are the facts:
- It’s pretty much the same basic game. The achievements (“accomplishments”) are the same. Many of the levels are built off of the original levels. The bad guys and weapons are the same.
- The graphics have been polished up nicely.
- You can now jump up through the platforms instead of bumping your head on them in an annoying way.
- We’ve cleaned up the difficulty levels so they aren’t so damn confusing.
- A few other small things that launched what we thought to be a pretty good game into a great game!
- EDIT: Forgot to mention… boring static background photos replaced by three level parallax scrolling space backgrounds! Don’t ask why we didn’t just do that in the first place. (Answer: lazy)
Here’s how it’s gonna be released:
- On XBox Live! Indie Games, it will be released as a separate title from the original “IAIS-EP1:HH.” We will most likely keep the original available for sale for nostalgia purposes. We will be rolling it out at the stock 80 MSP (Better known as one U.S. Dollar)
- The identical game, with touch controls, will be available on both iOS and Android devices. Selling price will also be a buck.
- We may or may not release a Windows Phone 7 version. This hinges on (A) how successfully we can port the touch controls over to XNA and (B) the future of Windows phone 7 with Windows 8 on the horizon. Bug us enough and let us know you reeeeaaaalllly want it, and we’ll make it happen.
- A Windows version will be released, available for direct download from Lethal Martini Games. What would you pay for a Windows port? TEN dollars? FIIIIVE dollars?! ONE DOLLAR LIKE THE REST OF THEM?!?!?!!? Well, how does FREE grab ya? That’s right – at least for its initial release, Hostile Hustle will be available on Windows PCs ABSOLUTELY FREE! Yeah, you’re welcome!
Here’s what will happen down the line:
- If the world shows us some love and buys a buttload of copies, we will keep adding stuff to it! Levels, weapons, you name it. And none of that freemium in-game purchase nonsense either (we’ll save that for later games). Of course, this hinges on whether or not there are enough people out there playing it, so when it comes out and you get it (and you will…), and you LIKE it (again), tell your friends!
But for now, just watch for the updated teaser… Coming Soon! (For reals, this time. It’s already done, just need to do some small edits and upload it. No, seriously. I’ve watched it. It’s pretty neat – has the new intro sequence from the game and a heavily modified voiceover by yours truly! Watch for it…!
ANOTHER EDIT: Here’s the trailer!!!
Working frantically around vacations and the day job to do some more overhauling on “Hostile Hustle” for the phone release. Some levels have been added, some features have been added, some features have been removed… All in all, still coming along well.
That’s all for now! I just wanted to make something with the the title “Do The Hustle.” I can’t believe it took me this long.